Not a member? Join Today to see why so many say they are Proud to be a Venturer!
|Making Avatar Slide Shows|
Author: Gary L Mace (Venturous)
Views: 2418 Votes: 2
How to Create Animated Gifs
One the questions I often recieve is 'How do you get your avatar (signature picture) to have several pictures in slide show?'
The question is refering to an avatar picture like this:
To do these, you first need image editing software. This software needs to at least be able to allow you to resize images, crop, and save individual images in *.gif. Many digital cameras include image software with these features.
Next, you need software capable of taking your individual *.gif images and using them a frames to create the slideshow (animated gif), then saving that slide show in a separate animated *.gif For this process I use an older piece of software called Microsoft Gif Animator. It is several years old but is fairly easy to use. Best part it is free. You can download a copy of this here:
Here is a screenshot of Microsoft Gif Animator in action:
So, once you have the software you need, the steps to create your avatar slide show are:
1. Using image editing software, crop and resize the pictures you want to use in the slide show. All images MUST be the same dimensions in pixels. Our forum accepts avatars up to 130 pixels X 130 pixels.
2. Each picture (frame) must then be saved in as a separate image in *.gif format.
3. Next, fire up Microsoft Gif Animator. I am not going to get into the directions on how to use this program here. It has help files that should explain it fairly well. Overall, most should be self explanatory.
4. Load each previously saved *.gif picture as a frame to your new MS Gif Animator project. You then want to set it to loop forever. On the image tab you set how many milliseconds each frame should display. I find 3 or 4 seconds (300 - 400 milliseconds) each frame works well. If you have it rotate too fast, most people find them to be very annoying!
5. Now, in Microsoft Gif Animator, save your project as a new *.gif image file. This new animated *.gif image is what you would use as your forum avatar.
Last update: 10:05 PM Thursday, November 16, 2006
|All material on webpages under the domain venturers.org, is the property of The Venturers, Inc. These materials are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce or retransmit the materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior written consent of The Venturers, Inc. The free information contained herein is offered in the spirit of helping others and any action or advice taken from these pages is the sole responsibility of the receiver.|